Purpose of the Position
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, and international rules and regulations as they apply to the plant operations, including but not limited to: OSHA, and EPA.
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks raise safety awareness and improve safe work practices.
- Develop, implement and maintain employee training programs as indicated by regulatory guidelines.
- Provide technical advice, coaching, guidance and mentoring to employees on safety initiatives and necessary improvements.
- Performs safety audits and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective and preventative measure were indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Implement, perform periodic training and audit to plant Lock-Out and Tag-Out (LOTO) Program.
- Ensure compliance with timely reporting as required by local health safety regulations and statues.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and rules.
- Interface effectively with peers from Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Continuous Improvement and quality– to achieve PRISMECS goals and objectives.
- May also perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Provides for motivation and familiarization of all Company personnel respecting the importance of complying with Company system procedures and all Safety equipment provided.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Takes part in accident / incident investigation.
- Carries out analysis of accident / incident statistics, identifying trends and suggesting improvement plans.
- Performs Risk Assessment.
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Provides Safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start up activities
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree, an honors degree or higher qualification in safety is required.
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated record of success.
- Direct experience as HSE Coordinator in multisite operations.
- 5-10 years of related HSE experience in field environment.
- Proficiency in HSE reporting systems such as IS Network and PEC.
- Self-motivated individual with a bias toward action.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in MS word and excel.
- History of credibility in mentoring and forging positive working relationships with peers, subordinates, corporate office staff and corporate leadership.
- Must be able to be “on-call” for emergencies when necessary
- Attitude and commitment to the goals of the company
- Aware of importance of industrial safety
- Be initiatory and proactive