Construction Manager – PV Plant
- We are seeking an experienced Construction Manager to oversee the construction of a power plant project, specifically focusing on photovoltaic plants. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of eight (8) years of experience in construction of power plants, with a minimum of five (5) years of experience in the construction of photovoltaic plants using the same or similar technology as used in the project. The candidate should have a proven track record in managing construction projects, demonstrating strong leadership skills, technical expertise, and the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget. Additionally, experience working as a design consultant engineer would be a valuable asset.
- Manage the construction process of the power plant project from initiation to completion, ensuring adherence to project timelines, quality standards, and safety regulations.
- Oversee all construction activities, including planning, budgeting, scheduling, and resource allocation.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders, including engineers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, and design consultant engineers, to ensure effective coordination and communication throughout the construction process.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with project specifications, contract requirements, and regulatory guidelines.
- Supervise and provide guidance to the construction team, ensuring efficient utilization of resources and resolving any construction-related issues or conflicts.
- Conduct regular site inspections to assess progress, identify potential risks or obstacles, and implement corrective actions as necessary.
- Review and approve construction plans, drawings, and technical documents to ensure accuracy and compliance with project requirements.
- Coordinate with procurement teams to ensure timely delivery of construction materials and equipment to the site.
- Manage and track project costs, including labor, materials, and equipment expenses, and ensure adherence to the allocated budget.
- Prepare regular progress reports and present updates to senior management, project stakeholders, and design consultant engineers.
- Implement and enforce strict safety protocols and procedures on-site, promoting a culture of safety among the construction team.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to power plant construction and photovoltaic systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, construction management, or a related field (preferred).
- Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in construction of power plants.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in the construction of photovoltaic plants using the same or similar technology as used in the project.
- Proven experience managing large-scale construction projects, preferably in the power plant industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of photovoltaic system design, installation, and operation.
- Experience working as a design consultant engineer in power plant projects.
- Strong understanding of construction principles, practices, and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams and project stakeholders, including design consultant engineers.
- Proficient in project management software and tools.
- Sound knowledge of safety regulations and procedures in the construction industry.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel to the project site in Angola.