Renewable energy is the future of our planet. Why? Simply put, our planet runs on limited resources which are finite and we need to switch to renewable resources to sustain our infinite energy needs. Even though most of the planet is dependent upon fossil fuels yet as our major energy resources, we have seen a quick shift in recent years towards renewable energy which is a more innovative and sustainable way to go.
The renewable resources – such as sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, biomass and thermal energy stored in the crust of our earth – are available in one form or another nearly everywhere. They are almost unlimited and are a profitable commodity forever.
Prismecs is always keen to provide RE solutions to sustain our planet. If you are in the business of RE, look no further, we are here as the best supply chain solution providers and as a company that offers end-to-end industrial procurement.
Benefits of Renewable Energy
Here are a few of the benefits of renewable energy we need to keep in mind:
- RE sources emit no gases. The greenhouse gas emissions are responsible for global warming and climate change.
- RE doesn’t produce pollutants that are harmful for us to breathe.
Inger Andersen, UNEP Executive Director had this to say:
“Instead of depleting precious resources and polluting the environment, RE meets the objectives of a circular economy and is a strong motor for social and economic development”
- RE is not costly, which can make the energy prices affordable and is comparatively easily accessible
- It can create new jobs
- RE is secure which can stabilize the energy industry for the better
- In the light of power shortages, RE can provide industrial infrastructures more independence from grids and power stations located in remote areas. Not only this, in order to overcome weather-related impacts the urban and industrialized areas are switching to renewable energy.